On April 10, 1969 Malayalee Association, Ranchi was formed by the amalgamation of two cultural bodies of Keralites in Ranchi viz; Malayalee Samajam and Kerala Association, primarily to satiate the cultural thirst and to spread the heritage of Kerala. The organization grew with the swelling number of members, which now stands at 630 (Life Members - 412 and Ordinary Members - 218). The idea of diversification to educational field came in the early part of seventies, and Kairali School, the flagship educational venture, came into existence on January 09, 1978.
The basic instinct of Malayalees in spreading the legacy of Kerala, through its arts and culture, still continues through the platform of the Association, spanning over a period of four decades in Ranchi. No doubt, it is another feather on its cap with the grant success of its educational venture. The Association now plans to step into other fields of humanitarian works, which will see light in next few years.
AIMS & OBJECTIVES
- To promote physical, moral, social, cultural and educational activities of Malayalees living in and around Ranchi.
- To spread the Art and Culture of Kerala amongst other people.
- To spread literary activities of Kerala amongst other cultural groups and vice versa.
- To provide library and reading room facilities for members and their families
- To work for the educational advancement of the Malayalees, by establishing educational institution(s) at Ranchi and or elsewhere in accordance with the law, statues and rules made for the purpose and applicable to it.
- To aid or establish, take over or to collaborate with other Schools, Institution(s), elsewhere for educational upliftment and/ or mental/ physical development.
- To aid or establish professional/ technical institution(s) in order to impart higher education.
- To establish, extend/ provide literary awareness, educational facilities, vocational training centres, employment generating activities/ self employment projects, old age/holiday homes, hospitals and dispensaries, for the Members in particular, and the public in general, without any discrimination of caste or creed and to promote national integration by furtherance of education in India.
- To work in close cooperation with other registered socio-cultural organizations in Jharkhand and elsewhere to encourage national integration, emotional unity and harmony among the masses.
- To provide instructions in all branches of training including fine arts and vocational and job oriented subjects, with English and Hindi as compulsory languages and Malayalam, and other languages as optional.
- To render or promote self help activities particularly for the poor or weaker sections of the Society in general.
- To promote welfare activities amongst the members of the association, who are living in other parts of India.
- To arrange and provide such medical aid and other humanitarian assistance necessary to the needy persons, who are otherwise incapable or handicapped, or mentally retarded or physically challenged and financially weak.
- To work for the educational up-liftment of the Malayalees, by establishing, educational institutions at Ranchi or elsewhere in accordance with the law, statues and rules made for the purpose and applicable to it.
- The Association shall have no concern with any political/ communal or religious body(s).
|Malayalee Association Ranchi Souvenir (1969-1994)|
|Volume - I||Volume - II||Volume - III||Volume - IV||Volume - V||Volume - VI|
|Volume - VII||Volume - VIII||Volume - XI||Volume - X||Volume - XI||Volume - XII|
|Volume - XIII||Volume - IVX||Volume - XV||Volume - XVI|
The Registered Office of the Association shall be “KERALA BHAWAN” Kairali School Campus, HEC Township, Sector II, Ranchi-834 004, Jharkhand.